“Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” Arrangement for Gay Soldiers in Turkish Armed Forces?
The Turkish Armed Forces is set for a new health regulation saying to gay soldiers “If you don’t reveal that you are gay, I won’t investigate it”. The new health regulation was published in the Official Gazette on 5 February.
Officers Committing “Homosexuality Offence” to be Dismissed From the Turkish Army
This regulation means workplace discrimination on sexual orientation and professional soldiers will lose their jobs yet they will not be able to claim their rights.
AKP and Turkish Armed Forces Agree On Gay Soldiers!
Upcoming Draft of “Turkish Armed Forces Discipline Law” submitted to the Turkish Parliament (TBMM) does not bring any improvement for gay soldiers; but the discrimination continues.
Unnatural Sexual Relation or Psycho-Sexual Deficiency: Is A Third Way Impossible?
Within Turkish society, which is dominated by a spiral of ‘masculinity’ and ‘military service’, sexism and homophobia are ever present.
Other News and Articles in This Category
|Page: 1 / 1|
- Letter from Council of Europe: Stop the degrading treatment to gays by Turkish Army
- New Psychological Torture for Gays from GATA: “Facing the Family”
- Possible Reduction of Sentence for Ýnan Süver
- Turkish transsexual star acquitted of insulting army
- Transgender Turkish singer on trial for criticizing military
- SITUATION OF GAYS IN TURKISH ARMY
- Turkish Conscientious Objector and Gay Activist Mehmet Tarhan sentenced to 25 months of Heavy Imprisonment
- Military court rules gay objector must do service
- Letter to the members of the European Parliament for Mehmet Tarhan, a Turkish Gay Activist
- Gay Conscientious Objector Ends Hunger Strike, Prison Sentence Overruled on Appeal
- Outrage call on Turkey to cease abuse
- Mehmet Loves Peace/ Baris