Kaos GL explained the situation of LGBT people to the European Commission
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
By: Kaos GL
European Commission’s annual consultations with civil society on Progress Reports were held in Brussels from the 23rd to 25th of May with the participation of Western Balkan countries and Turkey.
With reference to the consultations Kaos GL had meetings with Directorate-General for Enlargement, European External Action Service and Directorate-General for Justice.
Kaos GL presented its LGBT Human Rights Report by highlighting that there is no legal protection for LGBTs in Turkey. Furthermore, Kaos GL mentioned LGBT movement’s advocacy work regarding the rewriting process of the Constitution.
ILGA Europe supported the meetings.
- LGBT Peoples Demand for Constitutional Equality is a Fundamental Human Rights Issue06 Aralık 2013
- Program of Symposium Against Discrimination Announced05 Aralık 2013
- Two LGBT organizations of the Southern Caucasus met in Tbilisi28 Kasım 2013
- DJ Murat Renay to Play in Copenhagen27 Kasım 2013
- Slaughter of Trans People Goes on Unabated As Turkey Debates Hate Crimes26 Kasım 2013
- Homophobic Hate Killing in Hatay, Turkey26 Kasım 2013
- PM Erdoğan is No Queer!25 Kasım 2013
- Say No to Heterosexist Social Work!22 Kasım 2013
- Republican Peoples Party (CHP) Support to LGBTs for the Local Elections22 Kasım 2013
- Kaos GL Met Teachers in Southeastern City of Urfa21 Kasım 2013