Kaos GL explained the situation of LGBT people to the European Commission
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
By: Kaos GL
European Commission’s annual consultations with civil society on Progress Reports were held in Brussels from the 23rd to 25th of May with the participation of Western Balkan countries and Turkey.
With reference to the consultations Kaos GL had meetings with Directorate-General for Enlargement, European External Action Service and Directorate-General for Justice.
Kaos GL presented its LGBT Human Rights Report by highlighting that there is no legal protection for LGBTs in Turkey. Furthermore, Kaos GL mentioned LGBT movement’s advocacy work regarding the rewriting process of the Constitution.
ILGA Europe supported the meetings.
- Lets Remind the Turkish PM about LGBT Rights on IDAHO Day!16 Mayıs 2013
- LGBT Refugee Workshop Held in Ankara14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network Releases Its First Memorandum!14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network to Declare Its First Annual Memorandum!10 Mayıs 2013
- Turkey: Revoking Same-Sex Adoptions07 Mayıs 2013
- Rainbow Bus against Homophobia from Istanbul to Ankara!06 Mayıs 2013
- We Are Meeting Against Homophobia on May 17th!03 Mayıs 2013
- Albanian Prime Minister Berisha meets LGBT activists25 Nisan 2013
- Montenegro to Improve Transgender Rights18 Nisan 2013
- Anti-Homophobia Meeting to Talk About Peace17 Nisan 2013