"International cooperation will really make a change"
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
By: Nevin Öztop
Polina Korchagina, who was a guest speaker from Russia at the 7th International Meeting Against Homophobia, stated that “international cooperation will really make a change".
Polina Korchagina who came to Ankara from VIKHOD (Coming Out) in Russia joined the Forum Against Borders where politicians, academics and activists from Norway, Hungary and Germany were also hosted against racism, nationalism and heterosexism.
After the 7th International Meeting, Korchagina joined the Marching Against Homophobia and Transphobia on May 20, 2012 in downtown Ankara and shared her feelings with kaosgl.org: “
“It was a real pleasure for me to participate in the Ankara marching in May 2012. As I was used to aggression from people in police in Russia towards the LGBT community and all even we try to carry on in the streets, it was unexpected and very nice to see that in Ankara we managed to march.”
“In Russia we tend to have protests rather than real marches”
Korchagina wished her best to her collagues and friends in Ankara and then added:
“In Russia we tend to have protests rather than real marches, so I found Ankara march with all those bright colors, people with drums and whistles amazing. It also surprised and made me happy that the police even helped. I was glad to see active and friendly community and I really enjoyed both the Meeting and the march. I wish to my “colleagues” and friends in Turkey all the best and I’m sure that the international cooperation will really make a change.”
LGBT’s Marched in Ankara for Constitutional Equality
It’s May 17th! International Day Against Homophobia!
Rusya’da Homofobiye Hayır!
Sınırlara Karşı Forum
“Avrupa’daki Irkçı Sağın Gelişmesi Görmezden Gelindi!”
LGBT’ler Ankara’da Anayasal Eşitlik İçin Yürüdüler
- Mayor Salerno strives for a Geneva that lives for its inhabitants09 Aralık 2013
- Irelands referendum on gay marriage will wait till 201506 Kasım 2013
- Marriage Equality debates fired the imaginations of our community31 Ekim 2013
- Irelands 3 political parties speak to kaosGL.org on Marriage Equality31 Ekim 2013
- Marriage Equality as a tool for trans recognition in Ireland?31 Ekim 2013
- Irish Government to finally speak on gay marriage30 Ekim 2013
- Ulrike Lunacek and Michael Cashman: EUs Future and Enlargement30 Ekim 2013
- LGBT issue is a political issue, requiring mature political leadership30 Ekim 2013
- UNs annual Council passes 39 resolutions against discrimination07 Ekim 2013
- Council of Europes agenda: Hate crimes in Turkey05 Ekim 2013