Discussion on Sexism and Heterosexism Held in Çanakkale
Monday, June 04, 2012
By: Kaos GL
Eğitim-Sen (Education and Science Workers Trade Union) hosted a panel in Çanakkale named “Discrimination Fields of Sexism and Means to Resist”.
Moderated by Assistant Professor Doctor Özlem Duva, the event took place in Prof. Dr. Türkan Saylan Belediye Sosyal Tesisleri Nikâh Salonu on 1st June, Friday.
Speakers and titles of their speech:
-Gazi University Medical Faculty Prof. Dr. Selçuk Candansayar: “Medicalization of Sexuality, Homosexuality and Heterosexism”
-İstanbul University Faculty of Political Science Research Assistant Doctor Özgün Akduran: “Three Sectors on the Axis of Capitalism and Patriarchy: Household-State-Market”
-Kaos GL Remzi Altunpolat “Education as a Practice of Heteronormalization” and Ali Erol “LGBT Individuals Clamped by Heterosexism”.
The activity was hosted by Eğitim-Sen Çanakkale Branch Office with support of Kaos GL and Friedrich Ebert Foundation.
Photos: Müjdat Cengiz / Çanakkale
- Intellectuals Call on the Turkish Government to Stop Police Violence18 Haziran 2013
- Claudia Roth Meets the Chapullers in Ankara18 Haziran 2013
- Kaos GL is at LGBT Youth and Social Inclusion Conference13 Haziran 2013
- Athens Pride 2013 said Occup Fear11 Haziran 2013
- Marriage For All: France restoring its prestige abroad05 Haziran 2013
- Free Spirits, Free Bodies: 2nd Thessaloniki Pride is in June04 Haziran 2013
- Lets Remind the Turkish PM about LGBT Rights on IDAHO Day!16 Mayıs 2013
- LGBT Refugee Workshop Held in Ankara14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network Releases Its First Memorandum!14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network to Declare Its First Annual Memorandum!10 Mayıs 2013