Discussion on Sexism and Heterosexism Held in Çanakkale
Monday, June 04, 2012
By: Kaos GL
Eğitim-Sen (Education and Science Workers Trade Union) hosted a panel in Çanakkale named “Discrimination Fields of Sexism and Means to Resist”.
Moderated by Assistant Professor Doctor Özlem Duva, the event took place in Prof. Dr. Türkan Saylan Belediye Sosyal Tesisleri Nikâh Salonu on 1st June, Friday.
Speakers and titles of their speech:
-Gazi University Medical Faculty Prof. Dr. Selçuk Candansayar: “Medicalization of Sexuality, Homosexuality and Heterosexism”
-İstanbul University Faculty of Political Science Research Assistant Doctor Özgün Akduran: “Three Sectors on the Axis of Capitalism and Patriarchy: Household-State-Market”
-Kaos GL Remzi Altunpolat “Education as a Practice of Heteronormalization” and Ali Erol “LGBT Individuals Clamped by Heterosexism”.
The activity was hosted by Eğitim-Sen Çanakkale Branch Office with support of Kaos GL and Friedrich Ebert Foundation.
Photos: Müjdat Cengiz / Çanakkale
- LGBT Peoples Demand for Constitutional Equality is a Fundamental Human Rights Issue06 Aralık 2013
- Program of Symposium Against Discrimination Announced05 Aralık 2013
- Two LGBT organizations of the Southern Caucasus met in Tbilisi28 Kasım 2013
- DJ Murat Renay to Play in Copenhagen27 Kasım 2013
- Slaughter of Trans People Goes on Unabated As Turkey Debates Hate Crimes26 Kasım 2013
- Homophobic Hate Killing in Hatay, Turkey26 Kasım 2013
- PM Erdoğan is No Queer!25 Kasım 2013
- Say No to Heterosexist Social Work!22 Kasım 2013
- Republican Peoples Party (CHP) Support to LGBTs for the Local Elections22 Kasım 2013
- Kaos GL Met Teachers in Southeastern City of Urfa21 Kasım 2013