Transphobic Protest in Antalya
Wednesday, June 06, 2012
By: Kaos GL
A group in Antalya protested transgender individuals who are supposedly involved in sex work in their neighborhood. The group announced that they would be on guard duty with bats if the problem is left unresolved.
A group in Altındağ neighborhood of Antalya protested transgender individuals for they are engaged in sex work. Protesters who claimed that they cannot go out with their families after the night falls announced that they would be on guard duty with bats.
“The police charges those who get caught”
A group of about 100 expressed their disturbance by transgender individuals involving in sex work. Süleyman Uçak, who told that they cannot go out after it gets dark said: “They are prostituting even in the cars. Though it is summer, we cannot get on our balconies. Whatever we say, they hurl abuse at us. We went to the police station and they told us they are doing their best. Our police is patrolling every night till it is very late. Whoever sees the police car just disappears. The police charges those who get caught. When the police leaves, they come back.”
Having said “We are calling out to Ministry of Interior”, the group announced that they would be on guard duty with bats if the problem is left unresolved.
- Lets Remind the Turkish PM about LGBT Rights on IDAHO Day!16 Mayıs 2013
- LGBT Refugee Workshop Held in Ankara14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network Releases Its First Memorandum!14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network to Declare Its First Annual Memorandum!10 Mayıs 2013
- Turkey: Revoking Same-Sex Adoptions07 Mayıs 2013
- Rainbow Bus against Homophobia from Istanbul to Ankara!06 Mayıs 2013
- We Are Meeting Against Homophobia on May 17th!03 Mayıs 2013
- Albanian Prime Minister Berisha meets LGBT activists25 Nisan 2013
- Montenegro to Improve Transgender Rights18 Nisan 2013
- Anti-Homophobia Meeting to Talk About Peace17 Nisan 2013