Transphobic Protest in Antalya
Wednesday, June 06, 2012
By: Kaos GL
A group in Antalya protested transgender individuals who are supposedly involved in sex work in their neighborhood. The group announced that they would be on guard duty with bats if the problem is left unresolved.
A group in Altındağ neighborhood of Antalya protested transgender individuals for they are engaged in sex work. Protesters who claimed that they cannot go out with their families after the night falls announced that they would be on guard duty with bats.
“The police charges those who get caught”
A group of about 100 expressed their disturbance by transgender individuals involving in sex work. Süleyman Uçak, who told that they cannot go out after it gets dark said: “They are prostituting even in the cars. Though it is summer, we cannot get on our balconies. Whatever we say, they hurl abuse at us. We went to the police station and they told us they are doing their best. Our police is patrolling every night till it is very late. Whoever sees the police car just disappears. The police charges those who get caught. When the police leaves, they come back.”
Having said “We are calling out to Ministry of Interior”, the group announced that they would be on guard duty with bats if the problem is left unresolved.
- LGBT Peoples Demand for Constitutional Equality is a Fundamental Human Rights Issue06 Aralık 2013
- Program of Symposium Against Discrimination Announced05 Aralık 2013
- Two LGBT organizations of the Southern Caucasus met in Tbilisi28 Kasım 2013
- DJ Murat Renay to Play in Copenhagen27 Kasım 2013
- Slaughter of Trans People Goes on Unabated As Turkey Debates Hate Crimes26 Kasım 2013
- Homophobic Hate Killing in Hatay, Turkey26 Kasım 2013
- PM Erdoğan is No Queer!25 Kasım 2013
- Say No to Heterosexist Social Work!22 Kasım 2013
- Republican Peoples Party (CHP) Support to LGBTs for the Local Elections22 Kasım 2013
- Kaos GL Met Teachers in Southeastern City of Urfa21 Kasım 2013