The first Organisational Committee member for the first Montenegro Pride
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
By: Kaos GL
Sucko Bakovic, the protector of human rights and freedoms in Montenegro (the Ombudsman) together with his deputy Marijana Lakovic, have had a meeting today with Zdravko Cimbaljevic, Executive Director of the NGO „LGBT Forum Progress“.
Cimbaljevic has informed the officials of this institution about the current activities of the LGBT Forum Progress, about the celebrating of the Pride Month in Montenegro and in the region, on the beginning of the preparations for the organizing of the first ever Pride Parade in Montenegro and about the started process of consultations regarding the founding and constituting of the Organizing committee.
Cimbaljevic reminded of the built partnership with the Montenegrin Government and of their joint, signed declaration trough which they pointed out that the first Pride Parade is a historically important event which has a purpose of confirming the ability of the state Montenegro to accept and neuter equality. Bakovic and Lakovic pointed out that the Institution of Ombudsman will actively contribute to the neutering of the mutual trust and to the continuous improvement of the way of life of the LGBT persons in Montenegro.
The Ombudsman accepted the invitation of the LGBT Forum Progress to become a full member of the Organizing Committee, which will prepare the first Pride Parade in Podgorica. The representative of the Institution of Ombudsman in the Organizing Committee will be Marijana Lakovic, the Deputy of Ombudsman. Cimbaljevic has, in the name of the LGBT Forum Progress, estimated that the institution of the Ombudsman enjoys the trust of the LGBT community and that it has a great cooperation with the Montenegrin civic sector in the field of improving and developpement of the Human Rights in Montenegro.
The Protector has accepted, as a way of support, the initiative of the LGBT Forum Progress to point out a rainbow flag, which represents the official and universal mark of the LGBT movements in the world, on the official building of the Institution during the Pride Month.
By accepting the membership in the Organizing Committee, trough the active approach to the promoting of protection of discrimination towards the LGBT persons, and by pointing out the rainbow flag, the Institution of the Ombudsman has joined the celebrating of the Pride Month and the begining of creating of the positive approach and circumstances for the holding of the first Pride Parade in Montenegro.
LGBT Forum Progres
- LGBT Peoples Demand for Constitutional Equality is a Fundamental Human Rights Issue06 Aralık 2013
- Program of Symposium Against Discrimination Announced05 Aralık 2013
- Two LGBT organizations of the Southern Caucasus met in Tbilisi28 Kasım 2013
- DJ Murat Renay to Play in Copenhagen27 Kasım 2013
- Slaughter of Trans People Goes on Unabated As Turkey Debates Hate Crimes26 Kasım 2013
- Homophobic Hate Killing in Hatay, Turkey26 Kasım 2013
- PM Erdoğan is No Queer!25 Kasım 2013
- Say No to Heterosexist Social Work!22 Kasım 2013
- Republican Peoples Party (CHP) Support to LGBTs for the Local Elections22 Kasım 2013
- Kaos GL Met Teachers in Southeastern City of Urfa21 Kasım 2013