Joint Condemnation of Ethnic and Religious Discrimination
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
By: Kaos GL
Association of Youth with Disabilities of Montenegro (AYHM) and LGBT Forum Progress condemn the incident and discriminatory treatment of the owners of the Ethno village in Njegusi towards a group of citizens because of their ethnic and religious affiliation.
AYHM and the LGBT Forum Progress expect of the Montenegrin authorities to take effective measures to prevent discrimination in accessing public places.
AYHM and the and LGBT Forum Progress require reaction, according to the law which is proscribed to his \hers official duty , of the State Prosecutor, because the crimes of hate are the forms of violent expression of intolerance and have a profound impact not only on the victims themselves, but also to the group with which the victims are identified.
Such acts affect the cohesion of the Montenegrin society and its social stability. A vigorous reaction of the prosecutor is therefore important for the safety of citizens and society as a whole.
Marina Vujacic, executive director of AYHM
Zdravko Cimbaljevic, executive director of LGBT Forum Progress
LGBT Forum Progres
LGBT Forum Progres
- Lets Remind the Turkish PM about LGBT Rights on IDAHO Day!16 Mayıs 2013
- LGBT Refugee Workshop Held in Ankara14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network Releases Its First Memorandum!14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network to Declare Its First Annual Memorandum!10 Mayıs 2013
- Turkey: Revoking Same-Sex Adoptions07 Mayıs 2013
- Rainbow Bus against Homophobia from Istanbul to Ankara!06 Mayıs 2013
- We Are Meeting Against Homophobia on May 17th!03 Mayıs 2013
- Albanian Prime Minister Berisha meets LGBT activists25 Nisan 2013
- Montenegro to Improve Transgender Rights18 Nisan 2013
- Anti-Homophobia Meeting to Talk About Peace17 Nisan 2013