Zdravko Cimbaljevic - Human rights defender of the month
Thursday, August 02, 2012
By: Kaos GL
Cimbaljevic represents the rights and freedoms of the LGBT community on the local, regional and European level.
International organization "Civil Rights Defenders" has declared Zdravko Cimbaljevic, the executive director of LGBT Forum Progress, as the civil rights defender of the month on a global level.
Cimbaljevic represents the rights and freedoms of the LGBT community on the local, regional and European level, advocates against their discrimination and fights for better visibility and acceptance of LGBT persons in their surroundings.
A human rights defender is a person who in a peaceful manner promotes and protects human rights. All over the world, human rights defenders are threatened, harassed and murdered. Each month during 2012 this organization highlight one of these brave people who, in various ways, take high risks in the struggle for other peoples rights.
The decision on proclamation can be found at this link: http://www.civilrightsdefenders.org/featured/human-rights-defender-of-the-month-zdravko-cimbaljevic/
LGBT Forum Progres
LGBT Forum Progres
- LGBT Peoples Demand for Constitutional Equality is a Fundamental Human Rights Issue06 Aralık 2013
- Program of Symposium Against Discrimination Announced05 Aralık 2013
- Two LGBT organizations of the Southern Caucasus met in Tbilisi28 Kasım 2013
- DJ Murat Renay to Play in Copenhagen27 Kasım 2013
- Slaughter of Trans People Goes on Unabated As Turkey Debates Hate Crimes26 Kasım 2013
- Homophobic Hate Killing in Hatay, Turkey26 Kasım 2013
- PM Erdoğan is No Queer!25 Kasım 2013
- Say No to Heterosexist Social Work!22 Kasım 2013
- Republican Peoples Party (CHP) Support to LGBTs for the Local Elections22 Kasım 2013
- Kaos GL Met Teachers in Southeastern City of Urfa21 Kasım 2013